- Abraham was commanded to sacrifice his son Isaac.
- What is God commanding you to sacrifice?
- The central issue lay in two areas that illustrate God’s measure in dealing with all believers.
- Is your love for God greater than your love for others, even your beloved child?
- Is your hope and expectation for the fulfillment of God’s promise still in God, or do you now hope in something else, ie, in your Isaac?
- God used the test to know whether Abraham indeed feared God with all his heart (v.12).
- God did not really desire the physical death of Isaac.
- But He did want to test the commitment of Abraham.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me in areas where I have failed the test of commitment to You. I receive grace to learn obedience. May my obedience be prompt and complete, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Have a Glorious Weekend. Good morning. Shalom!
God bless you always and in all ways.